Monday, June 20, 2011

Negative vs. Positive

Well, the rush of summer has kicked in, and looking at the schedule it's not going to slow down any.  I don't know about you guys but we have something every weekend (Graduation parties, birthday parties, weddings ..... the list goes on)  up till our vacation - then yes .... a 2 1/2 week vacation!!  I think I am going to need a vacation from our vacation, hahaha!! 

So, what's my point??  The point is, although we are all busy, we still need to find time to enjoy the things that really matter in our lives.  I say this because I am probably the worst person at actually doing this.  I am always going, and never enjoying.  I am always worrying about making everyone else in my life happy and not realizing what I need or doing the things that I need to really be happy.  And when I do, I feel guilty for not being at home or doing the stuff around the house that needs done.

Why is it as women, we try and please everyone besides ourselves?  Is that the way we are suppose to be or is that the way we are made to be?  That is an odd question but one that I have really been thinking about a lot lately.  But really, does it matter?  Does it matter if this is the way we are suppose to be or the way we have been made to be?  Not really - I think as long as you (i.e. I) realize it, then it can be changed so that joy also comes out of making others happy. 

I think this is also dependant on the people that surround you.  If you are around positive people, you will be positive.  If you are around negative people, you will be negative.  So my question is, if you are around negative people - can you still be positive?  And how do you turn the negative into a positive, can that be done?

Anyone???

1 comment:

  1. Not to be boring, but to answer your question in short:
    1)stay away from toxic people
    2)live in the moment

    Hugs, from a mom just like you :-)

    ReplyDelete