Monday, April 15, 2013

What's for dinner tonight???

That is a question that typically comes up at 5:30 p.m. when everyone is home and hungry.  The meat is frozen, we are out of xyz .... the list goes on.  One thing I have incorporated into our week - to help reduce this situation - is a dry erase board on the refrigerator where I write what we will have for dinner - well at least the meat or main dish so I can get meat out of the freezer and make sure I have all the ingredients for a specific recipe.  I update the board on Saturdays either before going to Weight Watchers or when I get home - depending on when I go to the grocery store. 

I bought this at staples (it was like $5.00) and is part of the Martha Stewart collection so it was an inexpensive way to help plan ahead - a concept I am trying to incorporate into my everyday!




I also indicate when we have evening activities or when I am out of town everyone knows the schedule, however because we all live in the real world, schedules change and things come up so sometimes we have to make changes, however this has helped plan the week a little better and reduce the stress of "What's for dinner tonight" as well as plan healthy meals.  I am trying to change the way we eat - meals and snacks - to keep the entire family healthy and teach the kids healthy habits. 

The line at the top is to split the day with lunch and dinner.  Justin is usually home in time to eat lunch at home - and Cloe is home on Tuesdays & Thursdays for lunch (unless I am traveling or she goes to Joni's to play with her friend Aubry on Thursday afternoons) so I am going to start planning what's for lunch as well as dinner. 

How do you organize your week so it goes as smooth as possible?

It's Monday - have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment