Friday, September 6, 2013

Going LEAN!!

OK, so I have come to the realization that I have too much SHIT!!  I don't just mean stuff that I have accumulated over the years but just stuff in general.  It makes me sick to think of the money I have wasted in my adult life of unnecessary purchases - clothes, electronics (I have more phone covers, chargers & gadgets than you can even imagine possible) purses, bags, make-up, lotions and potions .... I could continue the list.  And for what??  Seriously - what is the purpose??

I'm not sure exactly what made me finally realize this - I think it's because I hardly travel anymore and being at home makes me realize all the clutter we have everywhere. I look around every day and it drives me crazy how cluttered everything is.  Granted we do need more living space, 5 people and 2 big dogs in a 1000 square foot 6 room house is a bit cozy no matter how much stuff you have.  But still, even if we had 3000 square feet, we have to much unnecessary stuff.

I have also come to realize that I don't need all the material bullshit I have .... don't get me wrong I love my Coach bags, but it's time to depart with MANY of them and about 1/2 the clothes I have.  I am setting a GOAL that between now and the end of the year I will go through each room in the house - including the basement and my storage unit (that I have had since I moved in with Justin full of furniture  from my old house) and CLEAN OUT!  I am not purchasing anything NEW until I have done this.

If anyone is in need on anything, let me know - I probably have it!  I am going to take some stuff to a reseller because it's good stuff that I could get some money back for and some I am going to donate.  If anyone knows an organization that could benefit or needs anything specific let me know. 

GOING LEAN!!

J~

No comments:

Post a Comment