Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Library

How long has it been since you have been to the library?  Actually gone in, sat down, looked for a book?  Before a few weeks ago it had been YEARS since I had been to the library.  I think the last time was when Elijah was Cloe's age and I took him to the summer reading program at the East Palestine Library.

Several weeks ago, the fall storytime program started for the 3-4 year olds at the library in town.  It's on Wednesday from 10:00 to 10:50, so I thought it would be nice for Blake since he is home with me and Justin on Wednesday and Cloe is in school.  I forgot how much I loved the library.  It's very inspiring to be surrounded by so much knowledge in one place.  This 50 minutes is mine to sit in a QUIET place and do whatever I feel like.  I can work if I need to, I can read a magazine or a book, I can blog or surf the web or just sit in a comfy chair with my eyes closed and enjoy the peach and quiet!!  Sometimes there are intersting people to talk to (or listen to ... the old men talking about politics each week) like the lady that came in this morning to take a break from her walk.  She sat down with a cup of coffee and a couple magizines to rest and will then finish her walk.

I have found Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. to be one of my favorite times of the week.  It gives that little break and inspiration I need to get over the hump and finish the week.  

If you find yourself needing a quiet retreat, visit your local library for an hour!  You will be glad you did.

Live, Laugh, Love!
j~

No comments:

Post a Comment