Friday, January 3, 2014

Going LEAN in 2014

I believe I blogged a few months ago about going LEAN ... well I have made a little progress and kicked off 2014 the right way .... yes I know it's only day 3 but I am being optimistic that this is my year to get shit done!!  I started this entry two weeks ago, ha!  I'm just now finishing it and getting it posted.

I am taking the approach of one room per month .... more than that is unrealistic at this point.  If my schedule changes and I am able to do more I will but I am trying to set myself up for success rather than failure .... which is exactly what I did in 2013.

The first project in the kitchen was the closet ... it's not a pantry and has been a place where everything gets thrown.  This is what it looked like most of last year ( I did clean it out one other time but it quickly went right back to this...)

  

Everytime you would open the door, something would fall out.  There is more to the closet too ... when you open the door and look to the right there are two more shelves with stuff stacked up on them.  I had enough and while I was off work for the holidays I cleaned it out.  Now it looks like this:


We had stuff in there that had never been used ... or at least in the time I have lived in the house.  I took all that stuff downstairs where it will weither go on the shelf or in the dumpster we will get once the weather breaks and start cleaning out the basement.  

I am happy to report that the closet still looks like this and I am on a mission to keep it that way.

I hope everyone is having a great start to 2014!  

LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment