Monday, June 28, 2010

Finding yourself

I remember several years ago my friend Marla went through a "self discovery" stage - remember Marla, you sent us questions to answer about you. I think I am going through a similar stage right now. I need reminded of who I am and what is important to me - as well as how others see me.

My life (and Elijah's life) has changed so much in the last two years, I think I have lost who I am. For so many years I was a career women and mom. I put everything I had into my career and Elijah. My life was defined by being Elijah's mom and working. I felt like I had it together both as a parent and as a manager (my role at athenahealth).

Now, I feel like I do not have it together at all. I am still a career women and a mom, only now I am a wife and a mom of three - two of which need my constant attention. There are not enough hours in a day to get it all done, and I have realized that. But, it is my nature to want to get it all done and have it done right - and perfect.

Has anyone else ever felt like this? Did you "evaluate" yourself and find who you really are? Do we change as our lives change? I would think we'd have to..... but how do we keep the basis of who we are as the environment around us changes?

I am going back to work in 2 weeks - 2 weeks from today is my first day - and I am NOT looking forward to it (don't tell anyone I said that Lauren) so I need to get out of this funk I am in so I can go back with a positive attitude and still be positive at the end of the day for my family.

Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment