Saturday, January 22, 2011

I can't believe it's been so long .....

how fast time flies - I am so glad the holidays are over. This was probably the worst holiday for me as a domestic female, hahaha! We put the tree up with the lights and that is it, can you believe it - not one decoration. I didn't bake, I wrapped gifts on Christmas eve, but you know what ..... i really don't care!! The babies have no idea the tree didn't have decorations this year and Elijah really didn't seem to care - so i am just glad it's over and we have moved into 2011. 2010 was a very hectic year and I have made a promise to myself that 2011 will NOT be that way.

I have realized that I need to slow down and enjoy what is important to me: my children, my husband, my family, my friends .... any myself!! I have forgotten who I am and this year I am going to take the time to figure that out again.

My friend Lauren is helping me out by getting me back on track with working out (hey girl, don't forget to send me that website :-), and I have already started back to weight watchers. My mom and I am going together and although the weight loss is a little slower that I would like, it is happening. I think if I lose this weight and start working out again, I will feel much better about myself and be much happier.

I would love some style tips = any good resources you might know or have as far as what's in, what's out, must haves in the wardrobe, etc....

Also - I am trying to redecorate my house - so I would LOVE any decorating tips and tricks you might have. I am trying to do this on a minimal budget because I am hopeful we will put the house on the market this spring and move into a bigger place. But in the mean time, it's time to make this house a HOME!!

Leah - I also need a recycling plan. We have SO much trash and the neighborhood dogs have decided it is now their feed mill. Our trash is spread out all the way down the street, what white trash we are :-) So I really need to start a plan for recycling some stuff and I would love to start a compost pile (especially for this summer - i WILL have the garden i have been trying to have for the last several years), I just really do not know where to start. any thoughts????

This blog is going to help keep me focused and on track - so you should be seeing more blog entries throughout the year!!

Stay in touch - and stay warm :-)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment