Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Health - Easy lunch ideas

One of the things I do to try and be a "good wife" is pack Justin's lunch each morning. As most of you know, he leaves for work at about 4:30 a.m. and is on the road all day. His eating habits are terrible (fast food everyday) and he has a very long family history of health problems (his dad has had several heart attacks, high blood pressure, high cholesterol .... i could continue).

So I decided that in order to help reduce the amount of fast food he eats, I would start packing his lunch. I need some ideas to mix it up a little bit. I always back him a sandwich - turkey/ham/cheese, some sort of chips (today was sun chips) grapes or an orange. I need some ideas to mix it up a little bit - although I know he eats it what happens now is he eats the lunch I pack as a breakfast then he goes through a drive through on the way home and gets lunch or he eats those aweful roller hot dogs from the truck stop - YUCK!!!

One of the challenges is whatever I pack he has to be able to eat while driving or in the truck. I thought about soup or something but he wouldn't be able to eat that while driving.

any ideas on what i can pack to mix it up a little bit as well as to fill him up throughout the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment